Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Best Yet

Wow my best run yet, got home at 6:45 and was not feeling in the best mood but still was looking forward to my run. Got out the door just after 7 pm and went straight into my warm up walk. I walk for 10 minutes or two songs on my Ipod then I start to run. Was feeling good and the soreness that has been in my legs the last couple of days was not present so I decided to reproduce Saturdays run of going for as long as possible and then when I have to stop just walk for 90 seconds before running again. So at the 10 minute mark of took of at my rather slow pace just wanted to build up my running time at the moment before I work on speed and left really good ran for what felt like 2 minutes before I needed to stop for a walk break looked at m stop watch and I had gone for 4 minutes and 7 seconds could not believe it the longest I have ran since starting was over the moon after that it was all to easy. For the rest of the 20 minutes only needed to stop 3 more times which means I ran for 14 minutes of the total 20 only walk for 6 minutes. Unbelievable started out running for 5 minutes and in 5 weeks have gone to basically walking for the 5 minutes and running the rest. Felt so good when I got home just couldn’t sit still wanted to go for longer and probably could of but kept hearing all those voices in my head telling me to slow down and not push myself to hard. Was sore in the legs but didn’t care afterwards was a little worried as the soreness in my legs hung around for a bit and was scared I’d pushed to hard already. When I woke up the morning felt awesome my legs were fine so don’t think there is anything wrong at all in fact felt like I could run today but once again forced myself to stick to my program and just walk today. Will be running tomorrow morning as am busy in the night my first weekday morning run in to weeks so I hope I can get out of bed have enjoyed sleeping in. Was scared I wouldn’t run this week as am not running with Ray on Saturday and could of justified have a day of but so far have managed to stay focused.

Current Weight 96
Starting Weight 101

Goal 77

No comments: