Monday, June 26, 2006

Run Forest Run

Well Saturdays run went very well Ray and I have both decided to concentrate more on the distance and the length of time we are running than on our speed. Trying to build a solid base something we can both really build on. So on Saturday we decided to run for as long as I could and then if I had to stop rest for 90 seconds (walking) and then run again for as long as I could. Going at the slower pace I found it a lot easier to keep up the running we ran for almost 3 minutes the first run. Considering I could barely walk the twenty minutes 5 weeks ago I can’t believe that I am know making it through the whole 20 minutes and running for maybe half of that it’s quite amazing. Then on the last lap which is just a slow walk to stretch the legs Ray always pushes me to run the last 200 to 300 meters just to make sure I’ve given everything I can. So started to jog and then decided to go a little harder and we ended up sprinting to the end of the track. It was a great way to end it as I felt really good the whole day it’s been a long time since I was able to sprint and it felt good.

Ray unfortunately could not make a walk on the Sunday morning so I just walked the streets around my house. Was a very nice morning to be out and I always enjoy being outdoors in the morning as it’s really quite where we are so its very rarely I see another person. My legs weren’t felling as tired as last week and I was starting to get a little itchy and wanted to run. But decided to not push myself and just walk for the time being. I know it want be to long and I will be running everywhere.

Current Weight 96
Starting Weight 101

Goal 77

1 comment:

Harley Warren said...

Your going strong and working hard, and good to see you keep pushing yourself week in week out.

"Make it a practice when something is done, no matter by who, to ask yourself, 'what is their intention in doing this?' But start with yourself; examine yourself first."
Marcus Aurelius