Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hard Run

Found last nights run to be the hardest I have done so far. Didn’t get home until after 6 so was very tired, also my wife was really hungry and wanted me to cook dinner straight away. Managed to hold her of with a packer of chips from the pantry and also managed to force myself upstairs and get changed into my running gear. Out the door just after 6:30 and into my warm up for the first time actually felt like a runner. Unfortunately it was not to last. Started out okay just going easy run for 1 walk for 2 after each run I wasn’t out of breath like I have been of late but was having trouble completing the minute due to the fact my legs hurt quit a lot. Think they were still sore from me pushing so hard on Saturday. Half way through all I wanted to do was stop running first time I have ever just wanted to chuck the whole thing in and just go home. I have being running now for four weeks which is the longest I have managed to keep up an exercise program since I have put this weight on. So I gritted my teeth and pushed on and actually started to feel better the longer it went on with two and a half minutes to go I was about 400 meters from home so pushed on and ran the last stretch home. Was completed buggered by the time I got there but had managed to ran the whole way. I wanted to scream from the roof about what I had done you would think I had just ran a marathon by the smile on my face not 400 meters. However it was my first mental challenge as a runner and it felt great that I had survived it. Looking forward to my run tomorrow morning and hopefully I can look forward to another nice run.

Current Weight 96 (can’t believe it)
Starting Weight 101

Goal 77

1 comment:

Harley Warren said...

Your doing really well, cant believe my mate John who used to sit and eat a whole pack of chips (a big one) is now looking seriously at his fitness and doing so well at it. We almost made 1/2km at the track this morning in one hit, really great to see you blossom into some one who actually enjoys the challange and is forging ahead no matter how hard it should get. Good work man.
"There in nothing whatsoever that is not made easier through acquaitance." Buddhist master Shantideva