Sunday, January 28, 2007

3.2K Race and a Bit Extra

Well the Race is over and thank God I made the finish line that last hill just seemed to go forever.

Friday

Did the 3.2K fun run (love the name) at Menai and it was a really good day and I learnt a lot. Was a very tough course and glad for the experience. Thanks to Razor who paced me on the day was good to be out running with you again even though you were walking. Anyway things learnt on the day.

1) I can run faster than I think I can.
2) Need to love hills even more
3) Need to do longer warm up and cool downs for and event
4) Family is the best cheer squad
5) Need to work on my mental preparation a LOT more


So ended up crossing the line in 19:24 which I am looking forward to beating next year hope to see everyone else there as well.

Also on Friday afternoon my wife who has been talking about joining me for runs for the last 4 or 5 months finally decided to take the plunge. So we headed out the door at about 7:30 and went for a walk down to the local park to go for a jog. Unfortunately my wife was using brand new shoes (not known to me at the time) and had developed a blister before we even reached the park. So we just walked home and well the blister was about the size of a 50 cent piece so will be a while before we try that again.

Sunday

First Brick training session and glad that I have started it as I will need a lot more training in this area. Did 10K on the bike and then straight into the run but for the first 1K my legs felt like lead and I could barely move them struggled through but still only managed 2K in 15:38. So will need a few more session’s to get my legs use to running after riding so far.

Also I have let my running slip a little bit as I have been doing a lot of other training for the Tri so we need to refocus on running in the coming weeks as I want to finish strong in the Tri in March.
1K PB: 4.28
4K PB: 25:28
5K PB: 33:35
7K PB: 48:54
10K PB: 76:37

Last Run: 2.01
Week: 2.01
Month: 31.99
Year to Date: 31.99
Life to Date: 416.76

No comments: