Thursday, January 18, 2007

Leave the Music at Home

With last nights run decided to leave the Ipod at home and just run without looking at Buddy (Garmin) every second. Result I really enjoyed last nights run and just let my legs set the pace they where comfortable with. In the end I have discovered my basic pace is 8 minutes per K and without looking at Buddy that’s what I did 4: in 30:19 (Had a good solid burst of speed over the last 500 meters) so all in all it was a good run and without the music quite enjoyable. When I first started running I couldn’t get out the door without the Ipod but now it’s easily done which hopefully means I becoming a better runner well anyway can dream can’t I.

Swim this morning and felt good in the pool for the first time as in didn’t feel like I was drowning the whole time. Covered 400 meters in 8:54 struggled a bit at the end but was determined to finish in under the 9 minute make. So all good in the hood and looking forward to my 21K bike ride on Sunday which hopefully can be done in under 63 minutes

1K PB: 4.28
4K PB: 25:28
5K PB: 33:35
7K PB: 48:54
10K PB: 76:37

Last Run: 4.00
Week: 8.00
Month: 26.79
Year to Date: 26.79
Life to Date: 411.56

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you like your Garmin? I have only been running a few months and here in Chicago it's been freezing cold so I run on a treadmill. Soon I'd like to start running outside but I won't know how far/fast I'm going!

I wish I understood kilometers...I know I'm training for an 8K and that's 5 miles so I get the gist of it.