Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Reflection on 06

Well since everyone else is doing it I think I better post some goals for 2007. But first achievements for 2006 since starting running in May;

Lost 10 Kilo’s (15 to go but still feeling great)

Race Debut 3.8K Bridge run in September (25:55) was aiming for 24 minutes but as my first race made practically every mistake I could

Walked the C2S in 124:50 and came 30074th

Ran a K in under 5 minutes (4:28 to be exact)

Ran 7K in under 49 Minutes (Managed this on the 31 12 2006 but hey still part of 06)

Ran 10K non stop (PB 76:37 – first 10k was 81:13)

Looking back at some of those it’s really starting to sink in how much I have improved over the 7 months I have been running. My first day out I went with my mate and we run for 1 minute and walked to 3 for a total of 20 minutes. The last 1 minute run and had to crawl most of the way as I could barely moved my feet. But now I can comfortably run 10K without to much trouble. Also I ran 384.77K last year that’s scary but what’s even worse is that I’m planning on more than doubling that figure in 07.


Hopes and Dreams for 07

Sub 60 10K (Really think I will crack this soon if I had of keep my 7K PB pace I would I finish in 70 minutes so only need to knock 1 minute of per K so hopefully should crack this one before March.

Sub 70 C2S not sure if this is possible but hey why not aim for the sky.

First Half Marathon Really want to get under 2 hours but at current speed it would take 2 hours and 48 minutes so lots of work needs to be done.

Take up swimming everyone keeps telling me this is great cross training and also very good for weight loss so hopefully will be able to get into this.
Stay healthy and injury free as have really enjoyed the last 7 months and really starting to develop the runner’s itchy feet. Just can’t seem to sit still. It’s now 3rd of January and I have yet to run this year and it’s driving me crazy.

1 comment:

Harley Warren said...

Hey thats a great post man, it is really good to look back over the year and see what you have achieved and gained. You should be really proud of yourself, your doing really well, just keep up the good work and you'll make that half marathon in no time, believe me its the greatest feeling to finish a half, and so much fun!

Razor