Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Do or do not, the is no try" -Yoda.

I have decided to adopt the above as my new outlook on life for to long I have been telling myself “I CAN’T” in many aspects of my life so it’s time for a change. I really noticed it on Australia day as I crossed the line. My mate was really pushing me to pick up the pace for the last 300 to 400 meters of the race but I keep saying that I couldn’t or I can’t but that’s not true. I crossed the line in fine form and 5 minutes after you couldn’t even tell I’d run a race. I held back to much I know I’m still new to racing so I still need a lot more experience. So it’s now time to focus on not only getting that experience but also putting it into practice. Just like the first time I ran 20 minutes no stop I had built myself up all day continually telling myself that I can do this, result I did. So from now on I need to have a better attitude to how I attack my training and my races I need to focus I what I have accomplished so far and also what I wont to achieve in the future. I never thought I would be able to lose my excess weight but so far have lost 12 kilos and only have 17 more to go and even that is falling faster than it was 3 months ago. 7 Months ago I could even run to the end of the street but now I can comfortably complete a 10K run and well under my first time. Anyway hopefully with this new more positive outlook I will start to believe not only what I have done but also what I am yet to achieve.

No comments: